Thursday, February 12, 2015

Letting Go ...

I get the feeling that my life is changing. I don't know how or what that change will look like but here's how I know: I'm feeling a strong urge to let go.

I let go of driving for Meals on Wheels - February 6 was my last day.  It feels right to let that go.

I am in the process of letting go of some of my responsibilities for the Friends of the Hunterdon County Library: I handed over the PR to a couple other people over the last few years. I have been creating the "Friend to Friend" newsletter (published 3 times per year) for over a decade. This Winter's Newsletter will be my final issue. In some cases I am finding people to take over for me and in other cases I am informing the officers and just letting go. Others will pick up some of the activities and the organization will let go of some of the activities. It feels right to let these go too.

Asked what my logic would say, I would have said that when I find something new, I will then give up some of my volunteer activities. But ... that's not what's happening. I'm clearly being led to let go now.

Coincidentally - and I know there are no coincidences - the theme of this Unity's Lenten Booklet for 2015 is "Learning to Let Go." It states: "Lent is a time for progressive unfoldment. As we heed the guidance of the still, small voice within us, the way is made clear. As we commit to following the steps we have outlined for ourselves, we are transformed. We are renewed, restored, rejuvenated - reborn!"

In one way I feel unsettled. My worry brain: I will have free time and nothing to fill it with. I'm taking things off my plate but I'm not adding anything. My right mind: This feels good and right. Making these changes is opening up space and time in my life to do whatever is next for me to do. And that is really exciting.

~ JEAN

No comments:

Post a Comment