Thursday, July 16, 2015

Beauty

I see beauty all around me today:

I've named her Callie
Our first dahlia
I woke up this morning to 63 degree temperature, sun and a cool breeze. Perfect as I walked my doggies! "Our" feral cats were about this morning - there are six including the one that lets me pet her and pick her up - not the most beautiful of cats, but beautiful in my eyes. Newcomers to our garden this summer are several spectacular dahlia plants. It gives me a hint of what Katherine Ballantyne's gardens must look like.

And at Unity:

When I walked into our office this morning, greeting me was the beautiful bouquet of snapdragons Katherine brought for last Sunday's service - sitting on my desk. These are also from her gardens. Wonderful sight.

Dave Moran dropped by with supplies for the kitchen. He shops for Unity when he's out doing his own personal shopping. Thank you, Dave. Bob Faltings is push-mowing the lawn today. As all of us who have lawns know, as we are blessed with rain so are we blessed with rapidly growing grass. Thank you, Bob. Connie Wilson and all the Joel Goldsmith/Infinite Way students have just passed through my office this morning. They are a happy group are studying "The Altitude of Prayer" right now.

Our kitchen renter is in today. She is mourning the loss of her father last Thursday. I totally honor the beauty and purity of her love for and of her grief for her father. And yet she has faith and joy that he is with her mom now.

From the Daily Word for today: "When I look at the world with loving eyes, I see God expressed in all things....Beholding God's glorious creation, my heart is filled with love and gratitude."

I affirm:

I see beauty in and around me.

~ JEAN




No comments:

Post a Comment