Thursday, April 14, 2016

Blown Away

Yesterday I almost couldn't swallow - my throat was closed. Why? From fear.

The latest thing for baby Stanley is that his parents had to take him back to the hospital for a feeding tube because he still isn't gaining weight. My mind began having fearful conversations about whether our family's latest baby will ever get better. I know that thinking like this is counterproductive.

So what counteracts fear? Love, of course. But my fear had blown away my ability to think clearly. I turned to my great co-worker Rebecca yesterday, Do you have any words for me about this? She thought for a bit and then said two words to me: Golden Key.

Yes! I love Emmet Fox's Golden Key ... and I find it so helpful for my peace of mind. So I stopped dwelling on the situation of Stanley's health and began to concentrate on God (Love). And any time my mind went back to fear, I re-concentrated on God. I can now swallow again.

My fear did give me one insight: I figured out that I want to visit Stanley and his parents (my nephew and niece-in-law), who live in Brooklyn, sooner rather than later. I want to hold him in my arms and kiss his sweet face and be strong for him and his parents, to see him whole and complete exactly as he is. I think I can go next week on Wednesday ...

By the way, I want to refer everyone here to Unity's new website www.unityspiritualcenter.org. There is a great article about how Unity folks pray.

Thank you for your prayers for Stanley. (P.S. I wish for everyone a great friend who can help you re-group when your ability to think clearly has blown away.)

~ JEAN

No comments:

Post a Comment