Thursday, October 26, 2017

Wisdom from Reading

My last post was excerpts from a novel I read at the recommendation of my granddaughter. Today I am sharing from three sources - two excerpts are from two novels I recently read. The third excerpt is from the Daily Word. They all touched me, were thought-provoking and seemed directed especially for me.
~ It is by delving into yourself that you escape imprisonment. (p. 94)
~ What was healing, in the end, if not the making of peace? And what was living if it was not for love? (p. 118)
~ People forgive more easily when they understand - but when they cannot understand, they forgive in order not to suffer. Every morning you will forgive without understanding why, and you will have to start again the next morning, but at last you will be able to live without hatred. (p. 148)
From The Life of Elves by Muriel Barbery
Even when you think you can't bear it, you can bear it. Sometimes you have to let time carry you past your troubles. (p. 154)
From Arcadia by Lauren Groff
Monday, July 10, 2017 Daily Word: Now Is the Time
Affirmation: Now is the time. This is the place. I am the one.
~ Life is filled with adventures, moments of beauty, or heartfelt laughter. So why would I allow the busyness of material life to edge out my deeper priorities and values?
~ Every moment is precious. Now is the time for me to forgive, reach out, and express my love. Now is the time to live as prayer in action - in gratitude for the gift of my life.
~ I recommit today to being fully present in the moment - to the content and awareness of God's presence. I allow Spirit to take charge of my life, aligning my priorities with my values. I trust that I am always in the right place at the  right time. I am always in - and acting as - the presence of Spirit.
~ In faith, I affirm: Now is the time. This is the place. I am the one.
You know what time it is, how it is now the moment for you to wake from sleep. Romans 13:11
I hope you get something out of these too.

~ JEAN

No comments:

Post a Comment