Friday, July 29, 2016

I insist ... on Peace, Childlike Wonder and Trust

I woke up Wednesday out of sorts with everyone and everything – from the mosquito bite on my elbow to my sore right foot. Then I read about Inner Peace (DW 7/27/2016). “Peace, be still” says Jesus to the wind (Mark 4:39). I say “Peace, be still” to the extreme heat and humidity of this summer.

And so I do what I can do. I insist on keeping my Childlike Wonder (DW 7/25/2016) at our alpacas – mom, baby and aunt – and the chickens with their sweet murmuring in their roost for the night and the bleating goats rubbing against my leg wanting pets and treats as they go into their safe enclosure for the night and my dogs who give me their unconditional love and trust day in and day out.

A juvenile red tail hawk is practicing hunting and soaring over our alpaca field. A ruby-throat hummingbird is stopping by our feeder for nectar. The wildflowers are blooming in the pots on our deck – we have zinnias, marigolds and daisies. Tiny spotted fawns are cavorting in our woods accompanied by their moms and aunts. I am picking several tomatoes each day from our deck garden.

The nature all around me feeds me like nothing else.

Today I read about Trust (DW 7/29/2016):

Trust and joy are linked within me, resulting in answered prayer. What can I do right now, in the midst of whatever is facing me, to raise my spirits? I engage my cheerful nature with a sense of optimism about a positive result. I begin by trusting that all things are working together for my good – in my life and in the lives of all those I care about.

I also insist on remaining optimistic no matter what is happening. I trust that the doctors and nurses have gotten Stanley on the road to recovery, that the transplanted liver is doing its work, that he gets to be on “normal” kid formula and that he gets to go home soon.

I trust that my mom, soon to be 91, is staying safe in the extreme heat in the Chicago area.

In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I am not afraid. Psalm 56:4

Peace. All is well.

~ JEAN

No comments:

Post a Comment