Thursday, July 27, 2017

Blessings

Last week I wrote about Day 29 in A Forty-Day Guide to Prosperous Living in Even Mystics Have Bills to Pay by Unity Minister Jim Rosemergy. Today I'm writing about Day 30. It is titled:


Today I am aware of my blessings.

Here is part of Rosemergy's meditation:
"Thanksgiving is one of the doorways to a consciousness of God. Today I give thanks for my blessings, but the day will come when thankfulness will rise up within me whether or not there is something to be thankful for in my outer world. Eventually I will always walk a path of thankfulness with God 
This evening before you go to sleep, write what has blessed you most today."
I've heard in the past of people keeping Gratitude Journals and this lesson reminded me of that. I found a small notebook in my office and decided to use it to begin keeping a daily record of my blessings at the end of each day. So far I have recorded three days but only every other day - and I know I need to get into the swing of writing down my blessings - remembering each evening to pay attention to my day.

Where will I keep my little notebook so I always remember? When will I make the time - right after brushing my teeth every night? If I do that, I can keep my notebook on my bathroom counter.

As you can tell I've set my intention to do this - now I'm working on how to make sure I do it. One step at a time...

Blessings to all my Unity family.

~ JEAN

No comments:

Post a Comment