Thursday, August 17, 2017

Handling Summer

Readers may know that I struggle with the summer heat every year and, unfortunately, too often not successfully. Some days when it's very hot and I've been active - walking the dogs, pulling weeds, etc. I sometimes feel that no matter what I do - stand in front of the air conditioner and drink an ice cold drink, my body will never cool off again. That is a very unpleasant feeling.

Cosmos
Blue Morning Glory
This summer I've been happy to experience cooler (mostly) summer temperatures. That has allowed me to notice and appreciate the beauty around me at home without mixing in grousing about the heat. Here are some of the dahlias, morning glories, cosmos, sunflowers, and animals in my life at home.
Sunflowers and Dahlias and Bumblebees


Callie and Big G (gray) our female and male feral cats who come every morning for breakfast.

I hope you have some similar sweetness and beauty to appreciate where you live.

~ JEAN

No comments:

Post a Comment