Thursday, March 29, 2018

Getting a Better Focus

My daily practice is to read the Daily Word which I subscribe to, and is available online by Googling "What is today's Daily Word?" Some words and concepts connect better than others to my current life situation. I like to share the special connections in this space because I feel like I am writing to my dearest like-minded friends.
Patience Affirmations and Meditation: I have the time I need for all that I do. and I am patient, knowing all things in my life are working together for good.
These are some fellow
hawk watchers in Tubac, AZ,
focusing in on
the Common Black Hawk
and the Zone Tail Hawk,
neither of which is
seen in New Jersey.
"Our role is simply to know the Truth, align with it, and to give the situation over to God. We can then enjoy the peaceful state of mind that follows. As we rest in grateful expectancy, we begin to see the signs that life is unfolding more miraculously than we ever dreamed."
Divine Order Meditation: "When I look at an image through a camera or binoculars, I may need to turn the lens to get a better focus. This is also true of my life. When I think of the experiences I face, solutions or outcomes may not immediately be clear to me, and I may feel lost or unsure. But when a simple adjustment changes my focus ... I have a better understanding of what I may need to do and an assurance that all is well." 
From Proverbs 4:25: Let your eyes look directly forward,and your gaze be straight before you.
Direction Meditation: "There are times when I feel at a crossroads, unsure of where I should go next ... I turn to my divine inner compass. Centering my thoughts and focusing my attention inward, I seek clarity and a feeling of rightness that comes with divine direction. Possibilities unfold before me and I stand steadfast in my belief that I am divinely guided." 
From Psalm 5:8: Lead me, O Lord, in your righteousness ... make your way straight before me.
I imagine that we often share the same challenges so I like to highlight a particular passage from the Bible or one of the Affirmations or Meditations that helped me see something differently and more clearly. This week the above passages reached my heart.

Enjoy!

~ JEAN

No comments:

Post a Comment