Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Gratitude Walk

Gratitude and Grace is the most recent booklet I received from Unity. Even if I'm not sure I resonate with the booklets that Unity offers, I always send away for them.

This booklet arrived at about the time I was grousing a lot about the heat and humidity and everything else in my life - If you've read much by me you know that summer is my fourth favorite season.

Slouching around in my house, in the air conditioning and fans, it dawned on me that I needed an attitude adjustment. I turned to Gratitude and Grace and began to read. I read it cover to cover. There's quite a lot in the booklet but during this read through I was especially struck by the article almost at the end called "The Many Ways to Practice Gratitude." I was especially taken with the paragraph that read:
"Taking gratitude walks on the beach or in a park with my prayer partner expands my consciousness and elevates my spirit to new heights, in ever-expanding love. We take turns speaking out loud what we are grateful for without much thought - just playful, joyous gratitude."
Although I don't have a prayer partner, I am re-energized by nature and having someone to share this idea with would be great. The name of a friend came to mind. I photocopied those two pages and when I saw her next I showed her the pages and especially the paragraph that had grabbed me. I said "Just think about it." A day or two later, I had a text from her. "Let's do it." And so we did this last week. I can't describe how special it was walking along a river path with her, chatting about gratitude and about a lot of other things in our lives. We walked 40 minutes, felt great, and decided we'd like to do this again in a month or so.

Give the Gratitude Walk a try.

~ JEAN

P.S. Be sure to get on the Unity mailing list so you too can get all their booklets.

No comments:

Post a Comment