Monday, June 23, 2014

Day 115



I’m doing an experiment. I made a decision at the end of February to devote one full year to practicing faithfully the Law of Mind Action, which says that I create my own reality through my thoughts and my feelings. For me, this practice means working with denials and affirmations every day, reading and listening to programs about prosperity, and diligently monitoring my thoughts to determine whether they are taking me toward or away from my dreams.  I started my experiment officially on March 1.  Today is Day 115.

Just before I decided to embark on this adventure, I had come to the realization that practicing this principle needed to be my full-time job; that my thoughts and feelings create my reality whether or not I’m paying attention to them; and that my regular habit of remembering and then forgetting what I know about prosperity would not ever bring me to the fulfillment of my personal vision and mission.

I started my practice with a commitment to studying a 10-week program called Prosperity Plus:  A New Way of Living, by Mary Manin Morrissey.  Each week, I listen to an audio CD, complete a series of workbook exercises, and take notes on what I’ve learned.  In the morning and in the evening, I review my notes and practice my affirmations. My homework is to celebrate my “wins” throughout the week and to continue my regular practice of tithing 10% of my income to the source of my spiritual food. The most powerful thing I’ve learned from Prosperity Plus so far is to make an authentic commitment to creating the life that I want, not just the life I think I can have.  Prosperity Plus has taught me to change my dream-tester question from “Can I?” to “Would I love it?” 

As an extension of what I’m learning in Prosperity Plus, I picked up the audiobook The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D. Wattles.  Wattles was a student of New Thought in the late nineteenth century, and his book was the inspiration for the recent bestseller The Secret, by Rhonda Byrne.  One powerful thing I learned from The Science is that positive thinking is useless without action (Unity principle #5!) and that all action must be focused on the present moment.  Another teaching from that book states that in order to advance to a higher position (in career, relationships, etc), one must completely “fill” the position she currently occupies – only when the current position is filled with energy to spare is there room for advancement.  Whoa- this blew my mind.

A common theme among the books I’ve been reading and the programs I’ve been studying has to do with the idea of the will.  Most people interpret “will” to mean “willpower” and associate it with thoughts of denying oneself the pleasures of life.  The teachers I’m learning from offer a different definition of the will.  They describe it as the ability to stay focused on the truth despite outward appearances.  I bring this to mind every time I practice an affirmation that doesn’t seem true in the moment!

The importance of gratitude cannot be overemphasized in the practice of the Law of Mind Action.  The feeling tone of gratitude puts us in direct touch with the creative energy of Source.  I'm filled with gratitude these days.  I’m grateful for this experiment.  I am grateful that there are so many rich resources from which I can draw knowledge and inspiration.  I am grateful that I have more than a year to practice and for my current willingness (even excitement!) to practice this forever and ever.  I am especially grateful to belong to a community of like-minded individuals who are walking this spiritual path alongside me. 

~REBECCA

No comments:

Post a Comment