Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Manna from Heaven

Give us this day our Daily Bread
From the Lord's Prayer
Manna is defined as miraculous food, a sudden happening that brings good fortune, a Godsend, a bonanza, a windfall.

Last Sunday Dr. Bob Rosenthal talked about manna during his workshop called "The Exodus Path of Miracles." The workshop was based on his book From Plagues to Miracles, The Transformational Journey of Exodus, From the Slavery of Ego to the Promised Land of Spirit.

What I heard is that the manna that appeared every morning for the Hebrew people wandering in the wilderness was exactly as much food as they needed for the day - their Daily Bread. I internalized that as a metaphor telling me that when I wake up every morning I will have whatever I need for that day. That feels pretty darn good.

I took some other notes during the workshop: Wherever we go, God is with us; We get what we need for our journey; And more on the daily manna story: stay present, don't look too far ahead and leap to conclusions about how things should go - these conclusions are probably ego-driven. Just ask for peace today. Intentions precede miracles and miracles are short cuts on our spiritual path.

I had a powerful insight the next day: I remembered a statement I made at a previous workshop: I wanted to publish a book that received a positive review in the New York Times and was an Oprah Book Club selection. My insight was that my true vision is to honor my father by publishing his letters home while he was serving in World War II. All the rest is ego.

I accept the manna each day that helps me to accomplish my purpose. The rest I leave to Spirit.

~ JEAN

No comments:

Post a Comment