Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The Log in my Eye

My husband told me he was working on clutter in our kitchen while I was in Illinois a couple weeks ago. I was highly enthusiastic and supportive when he told me that. Unspoken to him, I hoped that meant he would get rid of stuff we don't use any more.

When I returned he had, in fact, purchased a large table with shelving to store all the things he termed clutter. Nothing was gotten rid of, it was just rearranged to look better.

I groused to myself  ... and then had a big realization.

Do you know this Bible verse? Why do you see the splinter that's in your brother or sister's eye, but don't notice the log in your own eye? Matthew 7:3

I realized that I have a lot of clutter in several of "my" spaces in our house and I had best get working on the log in my own eye.

~ JEAN

1 comment:

  1. Jean and Rebecca,
    This was my first time ever on a blog! I read all the blogs on the first page and enjoyed your sharing soooo much! I love your writing styles, and I can hear your authentic voice in each blog. I will follow the blog from now on and catch up on the older ones. Love, Connie P.S. I am signing in as anonymous...perhaps you can help me next week to sign in differently. LOL

    ReplyDelete