Thursday, January 29, 2015

Finding the Good

Two days ago (Tuesday) I fell into my winter "growl." I didn't like anyone (including myself) or anything. My internal judge was alive and well. "Move over so I can pass! Get a job! Shovel your sidewalks!"


I didn't escape. "You only did half the job!! You're not getting anything done!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr."

I'm co-facilitating a book discussion of The Four Agreements with Dan Cavanaugh this month. We got snowed out for our third class on that Tuesday but I must have needed that class. As my internal rants and raves continued, several of the agreements kicked into my brain, thank the Lord.

I was taking things personally; I was making assumptions; and I certainly wasn't doing my best. That night I started to journal about what I was feeling and thinking. I didn't come up with a solution except to turn it all over to God. I also accepted what I was feeling which, for me, is the first step toward my return to being at peace.

Then I read today's Daily Word: Change. The affirmation is "I find the good in each circumstance."

These sentences from the meditation touched me: "I may not notice the positive side of life circumstances as they unfold. I am willing to learn from each experience. Rather than resist change, I look for and find the good in each circumstance. I envision myself someday looking back at this moment and seeing how my willingness and nonresistance helped me in ways I could not imagine. I trust Spirit is bringing me exactly what I need to build my life."

I am willing to find the good. I wish the same for each of you.

~ JEAN


No comments:

Post a Comment