Thursday, January 15, 2015

Rejoice and be glad in it

My mom told me recently that she had a "nothing" day. I replied, "I didn't have much going on today either."

Before that both of us had described the various things we'd done that day. For her it included going out for coffee with a friend.

Several weeks ago I wished everyone an "anything-but-routine" 2015. I've thought a lot about that expression. For me, and maybe for you too, a routine day is just what I want some days.

Then I remembered one of my favorite Bible verses from Psalms - shown here.

My mom and I both laughed together when we remembered my dad not understanding anyone who said they were bored because he never was.

So here's my take away: I will refrain from judging a day as something or nothing by what I accomplished, who I saw or where I went that day. Instead I will enjoy every day as it comes, staying present and rejoicing and being glad in whatever it brings me.

~ JEAN


No comments:

Post a Comment