Thursday, January 22, 2015

God Within

The Daily Word for yesterday was "Pray for Others." When I see this, I'm so grateful I have Unity's teaching (and Joel Goldsmith and others too) on prayer - that I need only see each person as a beloved child of God, whole and complete and healthy,

A dear friend's five year old grandson is suffering with little strokes. He has had two surgeries in the last few months. In my worry brain I wonder if there is such a thing as a little stroke; in my right mind, I know that all is well with this little old boy.

Another dear friend's son (in his 40s) has the skills and expertise to make a contribution in Africa in the work to contain, slow and eventually stop the spread of the Ebola virus. He chose to travel to Sierra Leone a couple days after Thanksgiving and is still there, missing Christmas with his wife and three young sons. In my worry mind I know that no matter how careful some aide workers have been, they still have contracted the virus. In my right mind, I see this young man "in the green." He made his choice with a knowing brain and I support him totally with my prayers for his and everyone's well being, whether they are patients, family members or a medical person.

Several people I love have various health or other issues going on in their lives. Here's what the Daily Word meditation says:
When praying for others, I center myself in the awareness of God within me. I remember that God is also within those for whom I pray. I affirm my faith in the power of prayer and give thanks for the activity of Spirit in all situations."
~ JEAN

P.S. We just learned that we inadvertently had limited the option to comment on our posts. We've corrected that. We look forward to knowing your thoughts about any of our posts. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment