Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Free to Do or Not Do

I was working with a friend recently. I told them "I'm going to work on this today." They said "We could do that today." And I rejoice to say that I responded "You can do that, I'm working on this today."

I give myself permission not to always concede to the other person. Their choices are not mine and my choices aren't theirs and that's okay. It's also okay for me to say so. I won't be nasty but I will be firm. I support their right to choose how they will spend their time. I also am free to choose how I will spend my time.

Driving to Unity on a recent Sunday I spoke out loud to God. I said "I let go and let You. I don't have control over anything or anyone and so I let go. I stop trying to control this situation or that, I stop bloodying my head. I let go and let what happens happen. I do what I can and let everything fall into place as it will, as You will."

Out loud was good - though I still have to remind myself from time to time. And it was freeing.

Free is today's Daily Word. I love Free as the Daily Word. It always reminds me when I most need it that I am free - to come, to go; to do or not to do anything; to work or play (rock on my front porch); to be, to pay attention, to listen to God's guidance, to be open and receptive. And today's meditation reminds me to be grateful for and celebrate my freedom. The affirmation is

"I celebrate the free Spirit I am."

and from John 8:36:

"So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed."

~ JEAN


No comments:

Post a Comment