Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Getting Back on my Path

My last two and a half months have been a whirlwind - traveling to nice places; having visits from family; going to the Unity Eastern Region Conference - all good stuff.

But ... when I looked at my calendar for those months, I didn't have very many free, totally unplanned days. In fact in September I only had three .

I know that isn't enough now - I knew then too but couldn't seem to get control of it. In October I experienced almost the same few days. And November has joined in with very few days too.

When I returned from visiting my 90-year-old mom on November 16, I was happy to have been with her for eight days. I also would have rejoiced (if I wasn't so tired) - I won't travel again for three months.

Last week I was catching up with sleep and not doing much of anything else. Every time I noticed one of my lists, I looked the other way.

I needed R&R. I gave myself permission to read a novel or two, to play games on my cell phone, to walk the dogs, to take naps a couple of the days. It was good.

This week I woke up with some energy - I felt back to my normal self. I noticed the lists and began to check off some items.

Looking back over those 2-1/2 months, I realized that I had taken a detour from my spiritual path. I haven't written anything here in weeks. Although I read the Daily Word every morning and wrote about my day every night, it didn't get through. I became grouchy about almost everything. I forgot about love and wisdom.

Now I'm getting back on my path slowly but surely. That feels good too. I don't know how to prevent the detours that are sure to come again, so for right now I'm staying present and using this "fill-in-the-blank" affirmation:

Forgiveness comes from within,
I have the power to create a sense of forgiveness in my life.

I alternate between forgiveness, love, wisdom and joy. Today I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving Dinner with my stepson, daughter-in-law and grandchildren tomorrow.

~ JEAN

No comments:

Post a Comment