Wednesday, July 23, 2014

My List of Simple Pleasures


I love daily calendars. This year I have only two: I have the 2014 Book Lovers Calendar in the kitchen. I have the 2014 Kathy Davis' Scatter Joy calendar beside my overstuffed easy chair where I read, play games and sometimes watch TV.

Last Wednesday, the Scatter Joy message was "find joy in simple pleasures." I have that page on my desk at work at Unity and I started a list of some of the simple pleasures I've been enjoying lately:

©     A beautiful sunset
©     Walking my dogs
©     A good soccer match
©     Finding the right card to send to a friend
©     A great BLT (bacon, lettuce, tomato sandwich), especially with my homegrown tomato
©     Holding my husband's hand
©     A full moon
©     A chocolate chip cookie, especially one from Unity's renter Flying Avocado
©     A cool breeze on a summer morning
©     The sight of a bright red cardinal and his mate at our bird feeder

©     A hot air balloon landing in our field




The landing was smooth and it took barely 30 minutes for the crew to gently collapse the balloon.

I could go on and on. But for now, I just remind myself that life's challenges come and go. Simple pleasures are there for me to notice and appreciate no matter what else is happening in my life.

~ JEAN

No comments:

Post a Comment