Wednesday, July 30, 2014

There's No Future in Worrying

I don’t always get messages during our meditation on Sunday service but I did last Sunday.

I had been worrying about the anniversary dinner for Unity. Was that the right plan? Will anyone come? Is it too expensive? In the office we had feedback previously and created a sliding scale for ticket prices. Then someone mentioned that we might not have very many people there. Were they right? Only 8 people purchased tickets the week before. So I worried.

I know, I know … there’s no future in worrying.

During the meditation, it came to me to “Golden Key” the whole thing. I often use Emmet Fox’ The Golden Key to Prayer. In this essay, Emmet Fox describes this amazingly effective prayer practice as “a practical recipe for getting out of trouble.” He writes: “All that you have to do is this: Stop thinking about the difficulty, whatever it is, and think about God instead.”

This is the complete rule, as he calls it: If you are thinking about your difficulty, then you’re not thinking about God. Use some statement of absolute Truth, such as There is no power but God or God is with me. Your mind will begin clearing.

And so I started right then to Golden Key the dinner
.
Just in case I didn’t get that message clearly, the Daily Word on Monday was Let Go, Let God. “‘Letting go’ allows me to relax and realize that I am not alone. ‘Letting God’ leads me to answers, healing and peace of mind.”

I’m happy to report that I got it. Whenever my mind wanders to the dinner I switch my brain over to thinking about God. That’s my part; God will do the rest. Yea, God!

~ JEAN

No comments:

Post a Comment