Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Feeling Good



I’m immersing myself in the study of the Law of Mind Action this year, and each week it seems I’m learning something new or understanding something old on a deeper level.  My blog posts are helping to give me clarity around the concepts I’m attempting to digest.  This week’s concept revolves around the idea of using emotions and feeling good as a gauge for determining whether or not we are on the right track and as a means of getting into the flow of abundance.

Several well-known spiritual authors and teachers suggest that our emotions can act as a sort of an internal barometer to give us feedback about what we are creating and how well we are aligned with our true nature.  Abraham-Hicks, a team comprised of author Esther Hicks and her non-physical spiritual guides, focus heavily on the importance of feeling good in the practice of getting into alignment with Source.  According to Abraham, Source is always with us – seeing what we see, feeling what we feel, experiencing what we experience – and Source views everything that happens to us as good.  When we take the same stance – that everything that happens is good, despite appearance – and therefore we FEEL good no matter what – we are in alignment with Source.  When we feel frustrated, resentful, anxious, or angry about what is happening, we are out of alignment.  Notice that this is not a THINKING exercise.  True alignment comes only when our thoughts AND our feelings are in harmony with Source.

If you’re anything like me, you probably find it easy to feel good when things are going well and more challenging to feel good when things are, well, challenging.  Abraham suggests practicing feeling good using imaginary circumstances as a way of preparing to feel good during real-life situations.  For example, you can imagine that you’re eating a rich, smooth, delicious square of chocolate and create the good feeling you generally have around that experience.  Or you can imagine getting a wonderful, healing massage and conjure up the good feeling associated with that.  This exercise can be helpful in turning your focus away from a disturbance and getting back into the flow of Spirit (where you can address the disturbance from a Spirit-centered perspective).  

In paying more attention to how I’m feeling over the last few days, I’ve noticed that my default feeling seems to be worry and anxiety.  I could be doing something completely non-stressful, like relaxing on the sofa reading a book or playing with the world’s cutest puppy, and still there’s a subtle, underlying feeling of worry.  So I’ve been trying to catch myself each time I notice I’m feeling anxious, remind myself that all is well, and consciously change my feeling to something that feels good.  Surprisingly, it’s not that difficult to change to a good feeling.  It’s just that I have 1,000 opportunities a day to do it! 


Speaking of feelings, I’ve reached a point in my experiment where I’m starting to feel a little overwhelmed with all of the new concepts I’m attempting to assimilate – law of pure potentiality, law of detachment, law of feeling good.  In the interest of keeping things fresh and exciting, it seems I've inundated myself as I am often wont to do.  There’s a lot of information swirling around in my head, and I’ll need to take some time to organize it and figure out ways to incorporate it into my daily routine.  Thank God I can recognize the feeling of being overwhelmed.  Thank God I don’t have to stay in this feeling now that I've noticed it.  Thank God for the thinking faculty that will allow me to sift through what I’ve learned and put it into a format I can use.  All is well.  All is well.  I think I'll take some time to imagine I'm eating some chocolate now . . .

~REBECCA

No comments:

Post a Comment