Monday, August 11, 2014

George (The Lake)



A few weeks back, I posted something about using my family’s plan to go camping in upstate New York as a way of practicing the idea that in order to fulfill a vision, you need to behave as if you are coming from that vision, rather than trying to go to it.  The gist of this practice is that you act as if your vision has already been fulfilled, rather than acting as if you are trying to reach for something you currently lack.  Severe thunderstorms were threatening to cancel our trip, and so I got a wonderful opportunity to move forward with my plans, despite my fear and doubt, by continually asking myself the question “If I believed this trip were possible, what would I do today?”  

I wasn’t certain how things were going to work out, but I continued to prepare for the trip, and sure enough a few days before we were scheduled to leave, a simple idea popped into my head.   I started the wheels in motion, and with little effort my husband and I were able to shift our work schedules slightly to allow us to arrive at the campground after the storms had passed.  So we had a terrific visit to a brand new place - the kids had fun fishing and swimming and roasting marshmallows, and Dave and I got our much-needed break from the hectic pace of our regular routine.  

Here are some photos of our trip to Lake George.  I’m so very thankful for all of the great things I’m learning this year.  


 ~REBECCA









No comments:

Post a Comment