Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Summer - Part 2

If you remember my first post on Summer, you know I have trouble appreciating this, my fourth favorite season. I decided one day several weeks ago that I would look for at least one thing to love about summer each day. Yesterday it was 90 degrees and I was hot and sticky pretty much all day.

Keeping in mind Unity's third principle: the law of mind action - thoughts held in mind create my reality - I began to look around for what I love and I saw the fabulous sunflowers I've been growing from seeds for the first time this summer.
The blobs in the middle of the flower are bumble bees.
Then I paid attention to our flower pots in bloom - every one of those blooms grew from seeds we planted two months ago. Our front door is a happy spot as I come and go from home - doing errands, walking the dogs, going to work.

This picture was taken on June 22 as the seeds sprout.
Now



Across the walk from the sunflowers are flowering bushes that attract butterflies and bees of all types. The bushes (I forget their name) positively hum with activity. I was so happy with this photograph on my digital camera that I made it my desktop picture on my computer at home.

* * * * * * * * *
Nature is one of my great loves. Yesterday I chose to see the beauty of summer in the face of my physical uncomfortableness (is this a word?).

This morning when I stepped outside to walk our dogs, all the heat and humidity was gone and the day had dawned cool, breezy and sunny.  I agree with a friend who said: I can handle it (summer).

~ JEAN





No comments:

Post a Comment